Editors Notes: Please comment if you think things need changed in this guide if group agrees we will change it in this main item.
Roles Quick Description:
- DPS: This is the standard version of all characters. These are people who do the most damage. Hence the name Damage Per Second.
- Troll: Gives quick bursts of power back to the other members and debuffs enemies.
- Healer: Gives people health
- Tank: The Quarterbacks of the game. They pull all of the enemies to them (Aggro) so that others aren't attacked as often and are grouped for easy take outs.
Picking a Power:
There are many power sets in the game. It is always recommended that everyone learn both roles DPS and the Support role. You don't need to run the other half most of the time but in pinches it comes in handy. We recommend that you pick a power that suits your needs but also has a great second half.
There are two ways to switch your role.
- Multi Armories: The best way is to have at least 2 armories on for DPS and one for Support role. This allows you to have different sets of gear for each side to maximize the effect.
- Single Armory: This is the no budget version and while it has some draw backs like one side won't be fully as powerful, you'll still be able to utilize both roles.
- By pushing the Up Arrow and Selecting Switch Role you can change to your other power.
- As a general rule you always want your dominate halfs gear. So if your primarily a healer you want healer gear.
So most of the complaints about the dual roles is a lot of people only like to play support roles. By setting up the other half on your loadout it will help you complete solo content quickly. On the reverse, if you only prefer to DPS, sometimes that other role is the only way you can make it through at or above spec content. Tanks have high defense and can withstand a lot of attacks and healers can keep themselves healed.